Fong Kee Roast Duck : Wonderfully Roasted Char Siew

How do you know if a dish is good? It's delicious. How do you deem if a dish is very good? It makes you crave for it ever so often. Then how do you know if a dish is great? It blows you away. Then Fong Kee's char siew rice is very good.

Look at the photo, you get what I mean. -smiles-

My friends and I were planning on eating at the nearby hawker centre but lucky us, we passed by this coffee shop and this stall caught my eye. I was so glad I stopped for this that day. This was my second trip back and it is as delicious as ever. Slightly charred, beautifully caramelized and wonderfully tender, this char siew is so good. The sweet gravy that is slathered generously over the char siew binds it all together. If you are like me, who enjoys the Singapore version of char siew that is on the slightly sweeter side of life, then you can look forward to this plate of char siew rice.
 This char siew stays wonderfully tender because it has a thin layer of fat surrounding it. Not to worry though, it just a really thin outer layer of fat and not arteries clogging blocks of fats. I've tasted better char siew but if you're in the neighbour, swing by for a meal and you might just found yourself craving for it again. You can head over to Creamier Handcrafted Ice Cream & Coffee, just round the corner, for desserts when you're done!

Fong Kee Roast Duck
Blk 124 Lor 1 Toa Payoh
#01-459
8am to 8pm
Closed on Thursdays
62515192

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...