Eng Kee Bak Kut Teh : Pig Trotters A Must Try!


Nigel Ate : 2.5/5
What better food to have on a cold, rainy day than a bowl of hot, peppery bah kut teh? I've been wanting to try out this particular store for awhile now and opportunity came knocking recently. 

It has been well recommended by many and, reading up the reviews, I noted that the braised pig trotter was something not to be missed as well. So we ordered a bowl of pork ribs and a bowl of pig trotters to be shared between my mom and I. I'm not sure if they do count by per pax, but the portions came just right.

After tasting the supposedly star of the show, I was utter disappointed. The soup was pretty good with a balanced pepper and herbal taste but the pork ribs were tough and very evidently overcooked. 
Nigel Ate : 4.5/5
I wasn't giving up hope yet; I had to try the pig trotters that were fragrant and looked wonderfully braised in the dark soy sauce. It certainly didn't let us down. Stealing the limelight, it was wonderfully and well braised, the pig trotters were surprisingly meaty and all I could to do at that moment was to savor my lunch as the skies remained open.

Eng Kee Bak Kut Teh

Blk 341 Ang Mo Kio Avenue 1 
#01-04 Teck Ghee Court Market & Food Centre 
Singapore

Opening Hours
Tue–Sun: 8am – 3pm
(Closed on Mon)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...